Jordan 2017

Album Description: Pictures from first 6 weeks of a year-long stay in Jordan. I live in Amman and hope to explore the entire country before I have to move away. Highly recommend a recent story in The Guardian about Jordan headlined: "Jordan is spectacular, safe and friendly -- so where are the tourists?"

My favorite picture of Amman -- taken from a path that runs through King Hussein Park.
A kind of Hall of History in marble runs through King Hussein Park in Amman. This marks the Roman period in Jordan.
For one month during Ramadan special foods are served at iftars -- the evening meals that break day-long fasting. Sweets, soups and breads not served...
Jordan is filled with refugees and with poor people who have to be ingenious in how they raise money. These children are two of 8 in a family that...
Another shot from King Hussein Park, this is a surreal black iris (the flower of Jordan) sculpture near the chess board exhibit.
Jordanian children seem to be uniformly beautiful and open!
Some of my co-workers. Jordanian women may be covered or not, but they all seem stylish and slender.
Nilanthi again displaying her magnificent tabouli salad. Have I mentioned that the food in Jordan is amazing. Try hummus (chickpea paste with...
Jordan has a substantial wealthy population with taste and the money to display it. This is from an arrangement a dinner guest brought to say thanks.
Inside the Jordan Museum are some amazing archeological wonders. The outside of the new museum near old town Amman is also striking.
The oldest known statues of humans were found not far from Amman and a few are on display in the Jordan Museum. Experts don't know if these were...
Travelers411 Featured Content
Travelers411 Mini Sites
Featured Content

Visit the Travelers411 Directory for
Susan B. Anthony Birthplace Museum

Click here to visit the Travelers411 Directory for Susan B. Anthony Birthplace Museum

The Susan B. Anthony Birthplace Museum, Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation, dedicated to preserving the birthplace and raising public awareness of the wide-ranging legacy of the great social reformer, Susan B. Anthony.

Travelers411 - Travel PR Sidebar Widget

Travelers411 Travel PR

Click here for user submitted announcements

Browse announcements or create an account to post and promote your own.

Click here for details

Travelers411 Mini Sites

Travel Deal for
Boston Symphony Orchestra

BSO subscription benefits include $30 ticket voucher, $15 Symphony Cafe or Symphony Shop voucher, free ticket exchanges, ticket insurance for misplaced tickets, 15% discount on any additional individual BSO tickets and more!

Click here for details

Travelers411.com Navigation

Explore your World! with Travelers411 Directory Listings

Find great info on Restaurants and Bars, Hotels, Car Rental, B&B's, Attractions, Entertainment and hundreds of other categories...

Click here.

The Travelers411 Family of Brands:   Travelers411.com     sAbrams.com     Travelingfeet.com     Jetset411.com

© 2015 Travelers411. All Rights Reserved. Travelers411 is a Registered Trademark. "Your Travel Community" TM. "Explore Your World" TM. Travelers411, all subpages and sub domains are protected by US Copyright law. We strive to respect the Copyrights of others. Please do not post material to this site for which you do not have proper permission from the copyright holder. To request use or report abuse please contact us.