Bookmark and Share #1  
Old 12-23-2012, 06:29 AM

Default Akihito Isaka

Per Nunez Sensei recent email concerning Akihito Isaka Sensei.....

In my humble opinion, Akihito Isaka Sensei approach to karate is the key to understanding movement. No matter what kata you are doing, no matter what kihon you are perfoming, the one "tying" concept or continous flow feeling from technique to technique is the CONSTANT that I needed to understand tai sabaki.

When I was few days, few years in my training, I had instructors teach slow movements....my mind raced during those excercises, always I wanted to do movements with speed speed speed, relax and fall into the movement....

Now if I want speed, i train slow movements.

The "relaxation response" is the core of Isaka training. Tired muscles and ingraining muscle memory go hand n hand.

His full body length push ups is something he worked slow and daily at. He has solved the "loosing" of energy transferance by making solid his core muscles.

He has several youtube videos but not many. Including makiwara training, slow motion training, push up training..........

I value this mans approach to karate training. He is many in years yet light and fast on his feet. He body is rippling with small but steel belted muscles.

Has anyone personally trained with him?
  Bookmark and Share #2  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:05 PM

Default further thoughts...Akihito Isaka Sensei

Akihito Isaka Sensei is considered my many as "Shotokan Clown". Some of the demonstrations he gives wont make sense to many, they have dismissed him entirely.

I did too at first.

His movements were unconventional, demonstrations off the wall, his language skills, voice tone, everything seemed just to wacky to me.

I took another look. I gave him another chance. How could someone who trained with or at the time of many of the "Shotokan Greats" spent so much time and effort into explaining.

I realized I was seeing or he was relaying where he is at in his karate....a top of a mountain, trying to describe to me, what he now "feels" when he moves.(muscle tension,weight shifting, energy transferance). I dont say I am as advance as him, I am just starting to realize what he is trying to describe. The concept he is working on is a cross athletic or universal concept.

He is sixty some years in age. Trains out of England, I believe. Trains four hours daily from 6am-10am. Solid rock of a man.

As far as the Bushido talk...I'm hesitant to comment on that. He is steeped deep in tradition and culture the topics such as that. Plus it is translated and shortened. And maybe its a private thing or said in different ways in different cultures.....

I have been trying get information on him. I'll keep posting.

Share this thread on:

Travelers411 Featured Content
Travelers411 Mini Sites
Featured Content

Visit the Travelers411 Directory for
The Yankee Candle Company

Click here to visit the Travelers411 Directory for The Yankee Candle Company

The Yankee Candle Company is famous for its scented candles but do you know about their flagship store in Massachusetts? Picture a gigantic year round Christmas villiage replete with animatronics, amazing displays and the true feeling of winter holidays, ...

Travelers411 - Travel PR Sidebar Widget

Travel PR from
Travelers411 Listener Call In Line

Travelers411 Listener Call In Line

Travel PR From: Travelers411 Listener Call In Line. Click here to listen now.

If you have a question or comment about a recent Travelers411 Radio Show or want to share your own travel story or suggest a topic for upcoming shows call the Travelers411 Listener Call-In line 24 hours a day at 415.796.6454. Each week we'll share the bes ...

Travelers411 Mini Sites

Travel Deal for
Fota Island Resort

Enjoy two nights' bed and breakfast at Fota Island Hotel & Spa and one round of golf per person on one of Fota Island Resort’s three championship-standard courses.

Click here for details

Travelers411.com Navigation

Explore your World! with Travelers411 Directory Listings

Find great info on Restaurants and Bars, Hotels, Car Rental, B&B's, Attractions, Entertainment and hundreds of other categories...

Click here.

The Travelers411 Family of Brands:   Travelers411.com     sAbrams.com     Travelingfeet.com     Jetset411.com

© 2015 Travelers411. All Rights Reserved. Travelers411 is a Registered Trademark. "Your Travel Community" TM. "Explore Your World" TM. Travelers411, all subpages and sub domains are protected by US Copyright law. We strive to respect the Copyrights of others. Please do not post material to this site for which you do not have proper permission from the copyright holder. To request use or report abuse please contact us.