no active on probe.
All Travel Deals Featured Travel Deal from Travelers411

New Travel Deal Posts Will Receive Free Upgrade to Sidebar Promotion

Browse Travel Deals or login to submit your own.

Click here for details

Post # 1   Bookmark and Share Old 10-23-2011, 01:31 AM
Default Thread Title:  Going to France for the First Time!

Its done, I've bought tickets! I am flying into and out of Paris but haven't decided if I should just stay in Paris or move around a bit. I'll be in France for a month so I guess I have some time to travel a bit. I guess I'd like to check out Nice and Marseilles and Cannes and maybe wine country. Is flying or rental car the better bet for getting between cities? OOOO I'm so excited!
Post # 2   Bookmark and Share Old 04-25-2013, 07:52 AM

I would go for trains or renting a car. Flying is more time consuming since the airport is rarely in the actual city centre. I believe that you can buy a train card for unlimited travel within France for a limited amount of time. A friend of my was very keen on recommending that. The train system in France is good.
Post # 3   Bookmark and Share Old 05-01-2013, 08:46 AM
Founder

I realize this is an old thread and you have probably already gone on your trip, had an amazing time and are ready to go back again!

I would definitely recommend train travel. The TGV (France's high speed train) runs between Nice and Paris if I remember correctly, or you could opt for the slower, cheaper train but upgrade to a sleeper car and take a rest.

Also if you were planning to do a lot of moving around betwen countries or just in france a Eurail pass might make sense for unlimitted train travel between certain dates at a set price. Also, buying a Eurail pass before your trip while still in the United States is the way to go. Check out info here: http://www.eurail.com/eurail-passes

Nice, Cannes and Marseilles are basically one after another along the Mediterranean. Going by train between is a great option and very easy. I think the train ride is about an hour from Nice to Marseille with Cannes in the middle.

For Nice, a car really isn't necessary. If you are on a budget, I'd use the money you'll spend on the car/gas to buy an all-day bus pass and upgrade your hotel or splurge on meals. The same goes for Cannes.

I've never actually been to Marseilles. It was always on "the list" but Nice is such an amazing city that there's plenty to explore and enjoy, plus if you head the other direction towards Italy, you will encounter Monaco about an hour's drive from Nice and then shortly afterwards, the Italian border.

Ah, such a wonder region!
Post # 4   Bookmark and Share Old 05-02-2013, 04:16 AM

It depends on you both are good option, You have one month means lots of time for travelling, train system is also very good in france and you can go for that to. Renting car is also good option, you can enjoy the road trip and Beautiful locations . you can find many car rentals company online like europcar.com .For wine you need to go Bordeaux, Visit the vineyards and taste the local wines are one of the main attractions during a visit in the Bordeaux. It is the second largest wine region in the world and produces over 900 million bottles per year.Bordeaux is well equipped for tourist accommodation. you can find many online car rental services at Bordeaux airport like carrentalbordeauxairport.com
Post # 5   Bookmark and Share Old 05-15-2013, 11:20 PM

You can travel by trains or by car. But train will be better option for you.
Share this thread on:
« Previous Thread        |        Next Thread »
Sponsored Links

Advertise with Travelers411

Reach a targeted audience with a specific interest in travel. Graphic and Text banner ads available.

travelers411.com/store

Travelers411 Featured Content
Travelers411 Mini Sites
Featured Content

Visit the Travelers411 Directory for
Boca Raton Museum of Art

Click here to visit the Travelers411 Directory for Boca Raton Museum of Art

Looking, learning, and creating drive the mission of the Boca Raton Museum of Art which was founded by artists in 1950.

Travelers411 - Travel PR Sidebar Widget

Travel PR from
Travelers411 Listener Call In Line

Travelers411 Listener Call In Line

Travel PR From: Travelers411 Listener Call In Line. Click here to listen now.

If you have a question or comment about a recent Travelers411 Radio Show or want to share your own travel story or suggest a topic for upcoming shows call the Travelers411 Listener Call-In line 24 hours a day at 415.796.6454. Each week we'll share the best calls on the air and answer your travel questions.

Travelers411 Mini Sites

Travel Deal for
Travelers411

Browse Travel Deals or login to submit your own.

Click here for details

Travelers411.com Navigation
Featured Directory:  UK National Trust
Click here to visit the Travelers411 Directory for UK National Trust

The UK National Trust is a charity founded in 1895 with a mission to protect Britain's buildings, landscapes and coastlines.

Click here to explore.

The Travelers411 Family of Brands:   Travelers411.com     sAbrams.com     Travelingfeet.com     Jetset411.com

© 2021 Travelers411. All Rights Reserved. Travelers411 is a Registered Trademark. "Your Travel Community" TM. "Explore Your World" TM. Travelers411, all subpages and sub domains are protected by US Copyright law. We strive to respect the Copyrights of others. Please do not post material to this site for which you do not have proper permission from the copyright holder. To request use or report abuse please contact us.

Sponsored Links

Advertise with Travelers411

Reach a targeted audience with a specific interest in travel. Graphic and Text banner ads available.

travelers411.com/store