Travelers411 Directory Widget Travelers411 Directory Widget
Click here to visit the Directory listing for Malta Tourism Authority

Official tourism agency for Malta

Malta is a delightful archipelago in the Mediterranean between Sicily and the North African coast renowned for its history and historic sites dating back to 4000 BC.

Click here to visit.

Post # 1   Bookmark and Share Old 12-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Question Thread Title:  God’s own country - Kerala

Kerala also known as the 'God in God's Own Country' boast of physical and natural attributes that attract a lot of tourists every year from India as well as abroad. Besides the physical beauty, Kerala has a rich cultural heritage, which fascinates the tourists a lot. The art and culture of Kerala portrays various dance forms and martial arts performed with the accompaniment of vocal and instrumental music. All these art forms are performed during some celebration or festivity. Bharata Natyam is the oldest form of classical dance in India. Origin of this style of dance can be traced to the Natya Sastra written around 4000 BC by sage Bharatha. Known as the 'Poetry in Motion', this dance form was originally known as 'dasi attam,' a temple dance performed by young women called 'devadasis.' Bharata Natyam is most commonly performed by women rarely by men. Strict guidelines are laid down describing every single aspect of the dance form including the attributes required to be an accomplished dancer. Chakyarkoothu, also called koothu, is one of the oldest classical theatre arts of Kerala. It is a solo dance is usually performed in the koothambalam of temples to the accompaniment of the mizhavu and elathalam. The performance starts with the invocation of the presiding deity of the temple. The narration of the story, generally picked from the Epics, is portrayed with the thandava dance movements, gestures and facial expression according to the guidelines given in the Natya Sastra. Koothu is marked for the presence of comic element, which adds to its dramatic character. The costume worn during the performance is colorful and unconventional with an unusual headgear.

While enjoying the true beauty of the nature at the beaches of Kerala, Kerala Hub ensures that your stay is comfortable. There are Kerala Resort offering five star comforts and world class services to make your visit of the beaches of Kerala a memorable holiday. You can select from the following beach resorts in Kerala according to your preferences of the place, comforts and budget.
Post # 2   Bookmark and Share Old 03-30-2009, 06:36 PM

if not mistaken Kerala is the south part of India, am I right. In that place where the 3 rivers meet, yeah that is pretty interesting with old structure and history to look upon. Good luck to Kerala. Derickson, Tennessee Limo
Post # 3   Bookmark and Share Old 04-05-2009, 05:10 PM

I do agree that Kerala is a very interesting area in India to visit. Yeah I too guess that three rivers ends and meet in Kerala, their is also an old Catholic church in that area and if not mistaken is built beside the site atop a stone. Aside from that they have lots of beautiful beaches to offer.
Post # 4   Bookmark and Share Old 04-23-2009, 08:48 AM

I have my own business of Nashville Limousine business in USA but basically I am from India but never visited Kerala. I have heard a lot about its beauty. I think I have to visit this time.
Post # 5   Bookmark and Share Old 05-07-2009, 08:54 AM

I once had a client from India...

She wanted her marriage to be arranged specially in Indian style and I had to study the cultural back ground. It was a great experience to know the places god's own Country...
Post # 6   Bookmark and Share Old 05-11-2009, 09:05 AM

You can watch the backwaters in Kovalam and Cochin. Kerala is surrounded oneside by the long Arabic sea and the other by the western ghats which keeps it fit for all the occassions but visiting Keraa in the monsoon season is a disastress one.
Post # 7   Bookmark and Share Old 02-15-2012, 10:30 PM

Kerala has over 900 Km of interconnected waterways, rivers, lakes and inlets that make up the Kerala backwaters. In the midst of this beautiful landscape there are a number of towns and cities, which are the starting and end points of Kerala backwater cruises.

Some of the scenic Kerala backwater destinations that you can see on Kerala tours with Kerala Backwater are:

Cochin
Alappuzha
Kasargod
Kollam
Kottayam
Kozhikode
Kumarakom
Share this thread on:
« Previous Thread        |        Next Thread »
Travelers411 Featured Content
Travelers411 Mini Sites
Featured Content

Visit the Travelers411 Directory for
Boston Pops

Click here to visit the Travelers411 Directory for Boston Pops

Click here to listen to Keith Lockhart, Conductor, Boston Pops, Boston, Massachusetts, USA interviewed by Stephanie Abrams without commercials.

Under the direction of Conductor Keith Lockhart the Boston Pops delights audiences each Spring in historic Symphony Hall with the best of broadway, light classical, hits from the silver screen, Jazz, and so much more. For the month of December Symphony Ha ...

Boston Symphony Orchestra
Travelers411 - Travel PR Sidebar Widget

Travelers411 Travel PR

Click here for user submitted announcements

Browse announcements or create an account to post and promote your own.

Click here for details

Travelers411 Mini Sites

Travel Deal for
Boston Symphony Orchestra

Join the BSO’s Young Professionals group and experience the Boston Symphony, Boston Pops, and Tanglewood—the summer home of the BSO in the Berkshires—while you make new friends.

Click here for details

Travelers411.com Navigation
Featured Directory:  Boston Symphony Orchestra
Click here to visit the Travelers411 Directory for Boston Symphony Orchestra
Click here to listen to Kim Noltemy, Chief Marketing Officer, Boston Symphony Orchestra, Boston, Massachusetts, USA interviewed by Stephanie Abrams without commercials.
Considered one of the top orchestral ensembles in the world, the BSO, under the direction of Music Director Andris Nelson celebrating his second season in 2015-2016, performs in Boston's historic Symphony Hall from late September to early May and at their ...
Boston Symphony Orchestra. www.bso.org
The Travelers411 Family of Brands:   Travelers411.com     sAbrams.com     Travelingfeet.com     Jetset411.com

© 2017 Travelers411. All Rights Reserved. Travelers411 is a Registered Trademark. "Your Travel Community" TM. "Explore Your World" TM. Travelers411, all subpages and sub domains are protected by US Copyright law. We strive to respect the Copyrights of others. Please do not post material to this site for which you do not have proper permission from the copyright holder. To request use or report abuse please contact us.